Welcome to eaUtils
Utilities addin for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect
eaUtils is a free utilities add’in for Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect modelling tool. eaUtils provides features that have addressed a number of situations I came across over the past years in my daily use of Sparx EA.
Most eaUtils features come from scripts that were initially wrote in Enterprise Architect. Some of these scripts have been shared via articles published on my blog www.umlchannel.com, and improved since in eaUtils Enterprise Architect addin. eaUtils was launched with the aim to gather all scripts in a Sparx Enterprise Enterprise Architect addin for maintenance, installation, and diffusion purposes.
eaUtils 1.13.2 has been released on the 9/11/2017 (the help content is up to date)
- Sort elements in a package or composite element, or according to their layout in a diagram
- Sort diagrams in a package or elements according to their modified or created date/time
- Generate elements alias according to their layout in a diagram
- Diagram breadcrumb trail
Custom scripts and add-ins services
eaUtils latest release
Release v1.13.2 of eaUtils is available since November 2017.
09/11/2017 - version 1.13.2 (release 1710-3)
- Added "Identify and sort integers within string values" to the displayed settings in the Sort Elements according to Diagram layout
- Reload settings in the popup window when the settings window is closed. (build 1710-2)
26/10/2017 - version 1.13 (release 1710-1)
- Reduced the number of menus:
- sort elements in a package or element: moved each option (sort by alias, tagged values, stereotype, name) to a drop down list,
- sort elements or generate aliases according to the elements in a diagram: moved "top to bottom" and "left to right" options to a drop down list.
- Improved the settings window
- Close Windows with the ESC key
- Improved navigation between eaUtils windows and the settings window
03/04/2017 - version 1.12.2 (release 1612-6)
- Missing file or assembly error fixed
29/03/2017 - version 1.12.1 (release 1612-5)
- Generate alias window: hide the "Limit to Stereotype" drop down when no stereotype is found
10/03/2017 - version 1.12 (release 1612-4)
- Added a sort by modified or created date on diagrams within a package or composite element (see sorting help section 9)
- Generate Alias: added an option to generate the alias for elements matching a single, selected stereotype. This can be useful e.g. for Archimate diagrams. This may be coupled with the object type restriction.
- Improved locking control rules (element locks with or without security)
- New sorting option: Sort numbering sequences including prefixes (e.g. REQ-1.1, REQ-1.2, REQ-1.10, REQ-1.15, REQ-2.0, REQ-2.1...) (asked by pli)
- Package Tree Sorting popup window not closed when done to allow reviewing processed packages
eaUtils is available to download here - it has been downloaded more than 1100 times since its release.
eaUtils online Help is available here.